How to Use Your Small Beer Mini Keg
You don’t need any special equipment to use your Mini Keg, but seeing as they serve about 9 pints, bed in or grab a few mates, some glasses, and enjoy this beautifully brewed beer at our renowned session strength, filled fresh from the tank at the Small Beer Brewery.
TO GET YOUR PERFECT POUR:
- You’ll want to make sure your Mini Keg is nicely chilled. We recommend keeping in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Place the keg on a table top or a park bench so you can get a glass underneath. We recommend pouring above a wipeable surface cause you might get some drips.
- Pull out the spout all the way out. Don’t be afraid to put some muscle into it! You can’t overdo it. If you don’t pull it out completely, it may drip from the connection or leak when you pour.
- Then raise the stopper lid on top. A bottle opener might be helpful here to prise it up. (The keg will hiss when you do this, don’t worry, it’s completely normal!)
- Place your glass at an angle underneath the spout, and tilt the spout downwards to pour. Raise it back up to stop the flow.
- Now it's time to sit back and enjoy!
AT THE END OF YOUR SESSION:
- If you still have some beer left in your keg at the end of your session, securely close the stopper lid on top and gently return it to the fridge to stop it from going flat.
- We recommend that you finish the keg within 2-3 days.
- When the keg is completely empty, you can recycle it! The keg is fully approved for recycling across the UK. Pop it straight into your dry mixed recycling, just as you would a drinks can.
We hope your Small Beer Mini Keg gives you hours of fun! Don’t forget to tag us in your posts! Find us on every channel @originalsmallbeer.