Head of Operations
At Small Beer, we brew great tasting beer below 2.8% ABV, encouraging drinkers to think big. We’re a dynamic team who believe in exceptional quality of product and innovation. Social responsibility is at the heart of what we do, from production and packaging to the brewery’s role within the community. We’re a fast-paced business with ambitious plans, therefore a willingness to turn your hand to any and all aspects of a start-up is required.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the company as Head of Operations, reporting directly to the company founders. We’re looking for someone who is superbly organised, with strong communication skills, an analytical mind and veritable plate-spinning brilliance.
- Managing and coordinating a growing brewing and supply chain operations team
- Ultimate responsibility for product quality, customer service and inventory control
- Food Safety (SALSA/HACCP) & Compliance (EHO, Soil Association)
- Day to day responsibility for Health & Safety best practice
- Maintaining the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility (B-Corp)
- Brewery management, site safety and security
- Production planning, purchasing, negotiation and maintaining supplier relationships
- Production forecasting, capacity planning and project management
- Improving and developing procedures in line with growth
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent computer and numeracy skills, in depth knowledge of Excel
- Strong organisational and time-management skills, capable of juggling multiple tasks
- Exceptional communication skills
- A positive, flexible and creative approach to
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- Previous experience in an FMCG setting would be advantageous
If you would like to be part of an innovative start-up leading change in the drinks space and love the thought of playing a major role in our growth, then get in touch - this could be the perfect role for you.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would make the ideal candidate for this role to email@example.com by 31st May 2021.