Small Beer are specialists in brewing mid-strength beer. Always below 2.8% ABV and all from our brewery in South Bermondsey in London.
We believe in innovation and exceptional quality of product. Social responsibility is at the heart of what we do, from production and packaging to the brewery’s role within the community. We’re a fast-paced business with ambitious plans, and like those joining the team to bring that same energy. A willingness to turn your hand to any and all aspects of an SME is also required.
We are looking for somebody to join our operations team as Company Accountant.This role covers everything from daily bookkeeping duties to top line strategy. We’re looking for a part-qualified accountant with a minimum of 2-3 years professional experience, who is keen to grow and develop with the business
- Bookkeeping and credit control (using Xero accounts)
- Regular financial reporting to management, board and shareholders
- Fielding accounts enquiries, liaising with third party accountants, customers & suppliers
- Day to day responsibility for the finances of the business
- Managing expenses, petty cash and banking, setting up pay runs
- Data capture, analysis and forecasting
- Project work to implement new systems
- Audit assistance as required
- Occasionally taking part in brewery events
Skills & Experience
- Must have previous experience in a finance role
- Working towards a recognised accounting qualification
- Spreadsheet savvy, ideally an understanding of Xero accounts
- Clearly communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Managing projects, prioritising and delegating
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Able to work independently and manage conflicting priorities
- Flexible attitude to meeting business needs
If you would like to be part of an innovative brewing company leading industry change and love the thought of having a major impact on a small business then get in touch, this could be the perfect role for you.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would make the ideal candidate for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th March 2023.